Wednesday 27 August 2008

Waxed Paper Cuttlebug Embossing

Supplies needed: Cuttlebug or other embossing machine, embossing folders, glossy card stock, waxed paper, iron, craft sheet, brayer, ink pads (rainbow if possible)



Run the waxed paper through your embossing folder


Take a piece of glossy card and place it gloss faced up


Place your embossed piece of waxed paper on top of the glossy card


Now place another piece of glossy card on top, gloss side faced down. So you should have a sandwich of glossy card, waxed paper and glossy card. The glossy sides should be in contact with the waxed paper


Using a warm iron, iron your sandwich. You should get a feel for when it's done as the card will 'slip' due to the wax being transferred from the paper onto the glossy card


You will end up with your waxed paper which has lost its wax, and a negative and positive of the pattern on the glossy sides of your card stock


Ink up a brayer, preferably a rainbow one


And brayer your glossy card - I used the Kaledicolor bouquet ink pad for this one


The Kaledicolor birthstone ink pad for this one


The woodlands Adirondack ink pad for this one


The Adirondack rueberry ink pad on this one, but I also used a babywipe to wipe away some of the ink

16 comments:

For the life of me said...

looks great but i donthave a cuttlebug fingy xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Lots of interesting results there.

For anyone without a Cuttlebug you can just screw up your greaseproof paper and flatten it out and then iron it, it will still make a pattern.

xxxxxxxxxx

sam21ski said...

Great idea LK - TFS xxx

RubyMay said...

This is brilliant...I've got to try this out !
Thanks for all the great tips and for explaining it all so clearly...I am loving this blog to bits !

Gio said...

UAU! This technique is fantastic!

Trish Bee said...

Ive added your link to my art junkies blog ezine here:
http://art-junkies.blogspot.com

BTW you DONT need a cuttlebug to use the folders - I use a sizzix - see my blog for details on how to use a pasta machine instead of a cuttlebug :)

texasbarb said...

GREAT idea!!!! Gotta go try it!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!!

Sarah said...

you're doing a good job with this blog - thanks for putting the time and effort into what looks to become a very valuable resource

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

AWESOME!!!

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

oops lol, hit the enter key before I finished typing my message!
Was going to say, awesome!!!! I love my 'Bug and can't wait to try this technique!!!!
Deanne
xx

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

Hi there!
Me again! Just want to say that this blog is a fantastic resource. Hope you don't mind - I have added you to my blog roll "Who's updated their blogs?"
Deanne
xx

sam21ski said...

Hi you again!! No problem at all adding it to your blog, thanks for that and your kind comments xxx

Ed said...

Not tried it with my Cuttlebug yet, but I did try something similar with screwed up wax paper and that came out sort of marbled, so it will look great...

Elizabeth said...

Awesome!! TFS!

Carol said...

This looks fun on my to do this week list

TFS

Crafting Queen said...

What a great idea, thanks for sharing.