Thursday 7 August 2008

Gesso Background Technique

You will need:- Some card, Gesso,Inks or paints




I cut 2 pieces of card to atc size. Covered one with Gesso and then put the other one on top creating a sandwich. I then pulled the top one off. The gesso was now peaked. I left these to dry completely before going on to the next step.




I run a spiced Marmalade distress ink over the first one. The second one I inked using a sponge and Shabby Shutters distress ink before swiping over with Brushed Corduroy. Acrylic paints would work just as well as inks as would any Inks you may have - try it!!!

All ready now for adding images, adornments etc and creating your ATC

7 comments:

carian said...

Fantastic, I'm off to try this out!. x

mommabear said...

It looks fab but I have a problem I cant get gesso no one seems to sell it

Anonymous said...

They are all brilliant techniques thanks for sharing

Mags said...

Off to try this out later!

Shairon said...

I just love this technique. Thanks so much for introducing me to it!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted let everyone know that wal-mart now carries gesso and it is much cheaper then an art store. :)
Thanks for the great tips. Love making gesso as background now :)
JAD

crystal said...

Thanks you,
I did this one tonight and used grey gesso instead of white. Then after dried, I added white ink on top and then black ink. The other one that I sandwiched, I did yellow on top and then white.
Thanks,
Crystal
check out my blog for the samples
http://crystalscreations-stillwatersgallery.blogspot.com